First day- excitement.

8:42 AM flashesofgold 0 Comments

So here I am, in Ecuador. In the middle of this nature-city hybrid environment. And I've made a promise to myself, to try my bestest hardest to post a blog everyday and maybe even a picture to show some of the events of my day.Yesterday was, you know, airport day. I had a weird feeling in my stomach as I waited for Bri to pick me up from my house, a kind of mixture of excitement and nervousness. And I felt nauseous as well. Which did not do anything to help my nervousness. But after medication and some good healing words from my mother [or more like twenty calls to make sure I had everything I needed], I was all set to travel. And guess what? My suitcase? It was 49 pounds. Heart-stopping. But it was all good. The day was super long. It seemed like I had been up for days. We had to travel first to Atlanta then to Quito and we had two hours in between our flight.
Then it was the usual when we got there, me, excited, Bri calming me down. I just couldn't believe I was in a different country! Bri and I got the free room to stay in with Henry and decided we were going to decorate and have a tradition of saying our "roses and thorns" or "rosas y espinas" for the day. Excitement all over the place! So not the funnest most exciting blog post, but it will get better as more events come up! And here's a picture of us allll happy [or rather super tired] in the living room area.

0 comments: