brain farts. even more brain farts.

6:33 PM flashesofgold 0 Comments

Ah, the Michigan Difference. Contents are as follows:
-Lack of sleep [to the extent that it is impossible to sleep at a normal hour when time is allotted on weekends]
-Inability to think about anything other than school...thereby leading to
-An inability to feel the Christmas spirit...which then leads to
-Many, many brain farts.

Speaking in testimony of the brain farts, I gasped at a girl the other day. Literally gasped. staring at the wall in complete exhaustion, I didn't see this girl approaching at all. Poor thing, she was just a normal looking gal. Probably on her way to go meet her friends or something. But of course my inexplicable gasping probably kept her from feeling the same amount of confidence she once exuded. Probably cried for hours. Probably pondered about why a total stranger would gasp at someone else. Oh but wait, I know why. Because brains fart. In the most unfortunate situations. They fart loud and proud.

The Michigan Difference also prevents me from feeling the Christmas spirit. Sad, coming from a person who's tried so very hard to stay in the mood. From Halloween, actually. But I just didn't feel it. Not even when I was given a bag of granola, a jar of nutella, and fuzzy socks. Yes, I realize two of those things [at least I hope socks aren't consumed by most people...] are edible. Do I love food? Yes. Am I obese? No. Am I going to need lots of food to try and cope with my severe depression resulting from lack of holiday spirit? A billion times yes.

Speaking of holiday spirit, what truly gets me down is that I have not yet seen Home Alone this Christmas season. I could really care less if others don't consider it a holiday gem; I call it a Macaulay Culkin classic [Everyday I try to understand why someone would take joy in naming their child a tongue twister]. Not liking Home Alone would be like saying that you also didn't want to be friends with the pigeon lady in Home Alone 2. And I know that can't be true. It's got the comedy, love, family and friends. What more would you possibly want in a holiday classic?

Fun fact, little Kevin's 30 now. I guess I always remember him as the adorable little kid from Home Alone and somehow expect him to freeze in time, with his hands framing his cheeks, his mouth open in surprise. Maybe time is a real concept. Maybe I'm in college now and I never thought I would be. Maybe it really is okay to say that the 90's was a totally different time, because it was. I guess someday I'm going to look back and think, "Hmmm...where is the Macaulay Culkin in me?"

Or maybe not.

0 comments: