Thirty-second day- bittersweet.

7:51 PM flashesofgold 0 Comments

Last night after recovering from my mysterious illness, we decided to venture off to Bungalow 6 as a belated celebration of Lianna's birthday. Everyone had a great time, laughing and dancing...including the older lady who was extreme drunk dancing by the time we got to the club. When it was about midnight, Caitlin, Sam and I decided to leave, except Caitlin was detained by a creepy girl she had met earlier. She was holding onto Caitlin for dear life and Sam had to push her away. The adventures didn't end there, however. Alex found a mouse in the house, and decided that he would kill it if it was the last thing he did. He didn't end up succeeding at this task, but made lots of noise in the process. After a noisy night, we went to bed.
This morning, we all went to school as usual [after doing dream analyses like I've been doing every morning for the others in the house], except I was burdened by the knowledge that it would be Antony's last day with us. In the morning, we had lessons as usual and everyone was relatively good. In the afternoon, we watched the Lion King. After the day, it was time to say goodbye to Antony. He's always been the good kid in our class, the intelligent and affectionate one. It was really difficult to part ways and Alexa and I ended up shedding some tears. After all of that though, I was able to say that I hoped I had helped him at least a little bit in school. I was overwhelmed by a bittersweet feeling of not having had enough time to teach him more, but it did feel good to think that I had some part in this wonderful child's life. After school, I took a nap, having had only about 5 hours of sleep the night before. We had dinner and gathered in our room for some True Blood and talking after half of the ed component left for Montanita. We had hilarious conversation about people's sleeping habits and other things until we finally decided to get packing for Mindo tomorrow. It was bittersweet letting Antony go, and even harder thinking about the other kids in my class, but I am very excited to go to Mindo, the cloud forest tomorrow!

0 comments: