Eighth day- irony.

9:19 AM flashesofgold 0 Comments

Yesterday was a day of extreme irony. Here are just some of the things I said yesterday morning:
"I'm so glad I've adjusted so well to Ecuador, I haven't really been sick or anything!"
"I'm starting to feel a lot better after drinking lots of water"
"I feel SO AWAKE!!!"
Even a book couldn't have exaggerated the irony in these statements as was blatantly obvious in reality yesterday. Yes, you've guessed it. I was very sick yesterday, feeling nauseous for most of day, and forcing my body to take on the challenge of a 3 hour bus ride to Plaza Grande and an hour and a half there. The scenery was great. And I, more than anyone love a good view. But yesterday was just horrendous. After taking some pictures at the presidential palace and looking around the Iglesias de la compania de Jesus [which were both very cool], I had my shoe stuck in the door of the trolley and took a bus ride on the steps of the bus on the way back. Needless to say, that didn't do good things for my nausea. When I got back, I listened to the sounds of people laughing and Mariachi band jamming as I lay in bed, unable to sleep or enjoy the fiesta of 4th of July downstairs. Bri, being the genius that she is, made me eat a few goldfish, which pretty much saved my life yesterday.
After finally getting out of bed, I ate some more crackers and joined the party as people danced and sang with the Mariachi band. All the tutors then went up on the roof and enjoyed the good view as we played ten fingers...again. Nonetheless, I was glad to join the rest of the party and enjoy the day with my lovelys.

0 comments: