4/15

6:03 PM flashesofgold 0 Comments

It's kind of silly. Enjoy.
I was slightly inspired by this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kozv2POJS0I

Your love is aromatic, fragrant, delectable you
Fill me, coat my throat with bliss
And move through me, seeping through my bones
Through my veins, conquering me with your drug.
You’re heroin straight to my bloodstream
Straight to my brain to the tips of each hair on my
Head. I quiver with the rhythm of your flow from the
Moment you’re soaked into the crevices of my lips and
You enter and you navigate through and warm each
Tastebud on my tongue and I bud like a rose
Arising from the depths of you but the downfall
Is the worst thing,
          When I realize you are like a storm
Lasting too long, when the stem of the rose breaks from winds
Too strong. You pull me down from happy thoughts and
They are no more; I’m done with you. You’re like lodged
Shards of glass overstaying their welcome in the
Deepest chambers of my brain. You leave imprints of you
In watery brown rings on every story I write
Like fossils of dinosaur bones and you
Leave me longing but you’re bad for my health, my lungs,
My heart. I know you’re nothing special
You’re just coffee to everyone else I know.

Coffee = love of my life.

0 comments: