Tonight

9:10 AM flashesofgold 0 Comments

Late night writing is becoming a favorite pastime of mine.



I.
I held you in my hands tonight like
A woman to her pearls on a sinking ship

II.
I felt you in my arms tonight
Like the lukewarm of fading spots of light
The precision of blocks and dangling lines
Like the sickly moonlit limelight
Taking sharp bites like teeth on stark white walls

III.
I sensed you in my eyes tonight
Like plucking of eyelashes like
Making dumb wishes like
Uneven breaths letting them go
Fleeting eyelashes in the night

IV.
I sketched you on my face tonight
My two fingers striking a pulse
And I risked two lines with myself involved
And I dug those rings in the dark of my eyes
And I felt them burn like forest fires

V.
I mistook you in my head tonight
Unthreading the threads of my petty brain
And stitching it for your sweatery refrain
You took me hostage tonight and it was
Biting teeth on stark white walls
Tearing teeth and I felt so small

0 comments: